So much more!

Disclaimer: Any relation to anyone living/dead might or might not be coincidental. If you want to know, check with me...

Saturday, June 16, 2012

This is the DAY!!

I write this the night before i fly to Manila to enter the pre-noviciate formation for the Daughters of St Paul.. Well, technically, it's really early in the morning, but i don't feel like sleeping yet.. Too jittery.. It's been an amazing journey so far... No boring moments when Jesus is your boyfriend! Haha!



From the day i resigned (28th May) till today (16th June) i have eaten enough meals to feed a small nation.. Every single day there was a lunch or a dinner with my friends and family. I made a quick pitstop in Penang to visit my grandaunt and the Penang relatives. I met my friends from Ampang Hospital, Klang Hospital, ICU, OT, family friends... I treasure every single moment with everyone.. I think, somehow, knowing that i will not see them for a very very long time makes me appreciate and love them even more...




I'm currently stressing about whether my mother and sister will be alright after i leave. I tell myself that God will look after their needs where i am unable to. Unfortunately, i'm weak.. I find it so difficult to trust that all will be well... Perhaps it's because i prayed that God will give me all their distress and sadness.. May that sword pierce my heart, not their's..

I realise i'm rambling somewhat, but it's also 2am in the morning. Mea culpa.. Two stories to share:
The first is the toilet story.. You'd be amazed the number of people who have informed me that i will have to clean the toilets! That's ok.. I was already prepared to do all kinds of stuff.. I know the road to Him is not easy, and i suppose toilets WILL figure into that equation as well! I made up a little rhyme:
Supercalifragalisticespialidociuos
I know the toilets might be quite atrocious
But i will glady scrub n' scrub and clean n' clean the loo
If that's what it takes for me to fully give my life to You..

The second is the peso story - i was planning to change my ringgit to pesos. That morning, i went for mass with Bridget, my little adik from Sabah, and she commented that "these sisters never need to bring any money with them cos people keep paying for them! So when you become a sister, don't need to stress cos God will provide everything for you" Wise words from an 18-year old! But her late cousin is a Daughter of St Paul, so she has an unfair advantage! :p Anyway, i was somewhat skeptical, until that night, when i was having dinner with my BEC group. One of the aunties came up to me and said "Here's a little something for you to use in Manila." Guess what? She gave me the EXACT amount of pesos that i was planning to change.. *speechless*

Thank You God for Your abundant blessings and love.. Please bless all my family and friends, and may they find comfort in You all their days. I enter the FSP on the feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.. Mother Mary, intercede for all my loved ones and teach me how to love Your Son more and more with each passing day.. Amen.

1 comment:

UNsee-bean said...

Hi Sr Mel! It's your day finally. :-) I am happy to know that you are on your way. I am excited for u. You are always in my prayers. Do pray for me also. Send my regards to everyone there. Have a blessed journey!

p.s. Hope this won't be your last entry!